With the custom URL optional module, it is
possible for your Lookatme™ site to use a domain that you have registered such as:
or a subdomain of a domain that you have registered, such as
What are TLS and SSL?
TLS (Transport Layer Security) is the standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. In this document and elsewhere, the abbreviation is used interchangeably with the more colloquial term Secure Sockets Layer or SSL, (a deprecated predecessor to TLS). This protocol ensures that all data passed between the web server and browsers remain private and integral. All Lookatme 6 sites employ this security technology.
You will be responsible for
ensuring your domain name is registered and renewed. If you allow your domain name to expire
your Lookatme™ service will be inaccessible.
As the client only you have the right to register a .com.au domain name. For example if your company is ABCD Pty Ltd, the domain name adcdimages.com.au can only be registered by your company. Under the auDA rules you must be able to show that the registering entity has a claim to the domain name based on the company name or registered trademarks.
If Lookatme as proxy were to try to register your domain name, our application would probably be rejected.
DNS Certification Authority Authorisation (CAA): please include "letsencrypt.org" in your DNS CAA
Steps to mask your URL
to Go Live
1. Confirm in writing the URL that you have registered.
2.1. Provide us with the
· Full business and postal address
· Contact name for main IT stakeholder
· Email addresses, contact telephone numbers for
main IT stakeholders
Additional steps if the site is already operational - not applicable to new sites
2.2. Lookatme and Client will agree a changeover
date and time (we recommend close of business on a Friday). This step is not applicable if the site is new.
2.3. Three days prior
to Go Live reduce the DNS lease time for the URL to 30
mins. Please ensure youe IT team is aware of this requirement and is ready to
3. At the agreed changeover time, you must set up an ‘A Record’ in your Domain Name Server (DNS) to point to our Lookatme™ server.
· For example:
images.yourdomain.com A 22.214.171.124
If you do not update your Domain Name
Server when notified, your site will be unavailable via your chosen URL.
4. Repeat step 3 for your Secondary DNS
5. Please confirm once the above has been
completed and we will configure your new Lookatme 6 site to your custom URL.
During this time and until Go Live, the Lookatme 6 site will be unavailable. Please
allow between 30 mins and 1 hour for this to be implemented.
6. As soon as the update to the DNS record has propagated through the system, Lookatme will use an ACME client to issue TLS certificates for your chosen Domain Name. Our preferred CA (Certificate Authority) is Let’s Encrypt. This tool will ensure that the certificate is automatically renewed when the current one expires.
If you choose to override this process and use your own certificates, this may involve an additional cost as well as time. In such a case the client will be responsible for providing Lookatme with additional information for the generation of a CSR (Certificate signing request). It will also be the responsibility of the client to make available securely the identity certificate issued for the server, as well as renewal of the certificate.